Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

June 14, 2017

Simply Cards &Papercraft - Family Ties

Hi Everybody,

I have another free gift to tell you about today with my favorite magazine Simply Cards and Papercraft Issue 164. It will be on sale in selected supermarkets, craft stores and WHSmiths on the 
15 th June

Family Ties is a set Nesting Dolls dies and stamps.that will give you the chance to colour these beautiful dolls for your self 

There is also a paper download of sentiments and pre coloured dolls ... especially useful for those who don't enjoy colouring and they will help you to make cards quickly when you are in a hurry.

Simply cut out the sentiment that you want,  and then use the dies in the gift to cut out the dolls,  and add them to your card

The card to the right has been created in that way and all I have done is make the background with a stencil, add the dolls with foam pads and place the sentiment at the top ... done ... quick and easy !!

You can get the magazine or a subscription from More Mags

But for this card I took a lot more time and stamped the dolls and coloured them with Spectrum Noir pencils.

I created the background with stamps and Distress Inks.

The video will show you how I made the dolls open to reveal another one inside just as the real Nesting Dolls would be

It is not difficult to do but the card it produces is a fun one to give.

Here is the video for you 

Enjoy it and the magazine with it's wonderful free gift

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

16 comments:

  1. Morning Christina, these cards look great and very interesting off to see the video how you achieved them.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards & a brilliant video.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Christina they will be great for my charity
    Thank you love June horrocksxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very cute cards Christina.
    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christina
    Two lovely cards today. I especially like your colouring. I'll look out for that magazine when I go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Christina

    I love the sentiments used on these colourful cards and enjoyed your video tutorial

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These little dolls are so cute and love how the pop open.t

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant idea on how to se these dolls. Love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must admit that my first thought was that this set wasn't for me but once I watched the video, I changed my mind. Very creative and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great video - very clever use of dies and papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christina,
    Beautiful stamps and dies that give you the possibility to create lovely cards suitable for so many occasions. I love the sentiments, so touching and true. I really enjoyed your video. Thank you for sharing.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE these. What a great idea to put one inside the other.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Christina,
    What a brilliant video with some great ideas. The cards are fascinating.
    love Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christina
    Have received my SCP mag and was not very impressed with the free gift but after seeing your video it has given me some good ideas so thank you.
    Best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Christina,
    What cute cards and a great free gift with this issue. Haven't watched the video yet as I've been battling an old fence in the garden and getting over-heated today lol. I hope you're all having a great holiday.
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good evening Christina
    These are two lovely, fun, bright and cheerful cards thank you for sharing them with us.
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...