Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

June 01, 2017

Gold Embossed Background

Hi Everybody,


Todays card has used some lovely gold embossing powder to create a rich background for my sentiments.

The first one has used the new feather die from Spellbinders and I have made my own stamp from the die and some craft foam.

I used a layer of deep teal coloured card from Papermill Direct and stamped it with Versamark

I sprinkled it with Gold powder and heated it with a heat tool until the powder is shiny and melted

Trim this layer to fit the front of a tal base card and add with foam to raise it up a little.  Stamp and emboss the sentiment in the same way and edge with gold too. Add with foam and there you have a quick and easy card for the men in your life.

This second card took a little longer ... but the base is the same stamping and embossing in gold.

I used a large Flourish stamp from Indigo Blu that I have had for a long time. Once the heated powder was cool I used three Distress Inks to create the blend over the gold.

I used Spun Sugar at the top and blended it into Victorian Velvet.  The used Aged Mahogany at the bottom for a lovely Ombre Effect over the gold

I added three gold gemstones at the bottom of the card and the sentiment is from the Pretty Quick dies range at Craft Stash

Another easy card to make and change the colours for male cards

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx






11 comments:

  1. Hello Christina,
    You've reminded me that I can make stamps from dies and funky foam. I haven't done that for years and had forgotten all about it. Thank you. Love the feather card, would be perfect for a man's card with a different background colour.
    Ladies, my Shabby Chic card arrived yesterday and I have to say that it's even more beautiful in real life than shown on screen. It has pride of place on my sideboard until I get a frame. Thank you Christina.
    love Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Christina, especially the second one, lovely technique...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards Christina, great ideas for men's cards with a change of colours.
    Take care xx
    Jess Watson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina,
    Beautiful cards, lovely colors. Thank you for the inspiration and for the tip to make stamps from dies.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christina

    Gorgeous colours on both cards today, thank you for sharing

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer the pink card but both are lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep forgetting to emboss the background it has such an amazing effect. Love the umbre effect an the idea to change colours to suit a man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christina
    Like Margaret I prefer the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both lovely cards, Christina.
    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both fabulous, thanks Christina, I have that feather die so will make the card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear I seemed to have missed this card but better late than never it is so very lovely thank you Christina
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...