Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

June 16, 2012

Braided Ribbon

This ribbon technique is one I learned years ago but it now seems to be coming back in fashion... especially on cards.
The only drawback to this feature is that it takes a lot of ribbon to get the look.   This wreath took about 4mtrs of 1cm wide gingham ribbon to create and the card is an A5 size.

It has been added to some glitter card and the gold corner piece is metal.   The Spellbinder shape has the sentiment heat embossed in gold and is  raised on foam pads.

I featured a PolkaDoodle card earleir in the year with the same  Braided Ribbon   and I added a video to show how to create the look.

This pretty baby card has some really pale pink ribbon and the flowers on both cards are fromWild Orchid Crafts   and they have been sparkled up with Glamour Dust. 
The pearls in the corner just add that little extra and I always like to add that extra bit to all my cards.
The Teddy Bear image is from HunkyDory  and the edge is foiled in silver.

 Hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous technique but uses a great deal of ribbon, but I will try it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your cards:) What a awesome technique-I may have to give that a try. TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very effective technique Christina. Looks lovely as a gingham wreath or as a border! Where can I find instructions for this technique!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the tutorials are "In text links" and you just need to click them to go to the page or website mentioned.... they are in red and can give you lots more information xx

      Delete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...